Sunday, August 24, 2008

Congratulations!!

Okay, so some congratulations are in order.

1) To Matthew Mitcham of Australia for his awesome diving last night!! GOLD MEDAL AGAINST THE CHINESE!! That was such a great effort and he really deserved it! After every dive he would smile and wave to the camera, he was really having fun! And to come away with the gold!! Congratulations!!

and 2) Congrats to the Norwegian Javelin Thrower, Andreas Thorkildsen. Not only did he completely smash the competition, but he is quite an attractive guy! =)

But the Aussie girls Basketball team.. Why couldn't you beat those Americans?!?! Gosh! Next time you better!!! It's one of the few basketball games I've actually sat through to watch, you we lost. DAMN IT!

Oh, and another thing.. I just want to say how I hate how during the diving there are like 12 competeitors but they only show dives from around 6 people, until they get to the last dive for the round and then they show all 12 peoples dives.! I only saw one dive from Thomas Daley!

And just something that I thought was really sad that happened.. did you see that Columbian Weightlifter who couldn't lift the weights? How sad was that. He look shattered and so devestated. I felt so sorry for him. And then the German weightlifter who won! That was nice. He's wife had died a year before, and he held up her photo when he got his medal! I thought that was awesome.

There were actually alot of stories that were sad and so inspiring! I like those things! They make winning, or even just making to the olympics so much more sweeter!

Anyway, today's the last day of competition! And that sucks! I don't want it to end!! I like watching other people work hard and use up every bit of energy while I sit on the couch eating chips and drinking chocolate milk.! I really should do something before I become obese...

Alright, one more thing.. When channel seven goes to ads, you know how they have those little recaps thingys? Well, TWICE I've heard Angels and Airwaves!! Once before going to an ad, and once when coming back from and ad! AND, during the womens beach volleyball in the first week, I heard Angels and Airwaves. You know when someone scores, and they play like 10 seconds of a song? Well, the intro for 'The Adventure' was playing!! I thought it was exciting!!


And while on the olympic topic I wanna congratulate all the Aussie athletes.! Especially the swimmers! I have a soft spot for swimmers. You all made Australia proud!! And you kept me occupied for 16 days!! =)


No comments: