Monday, October 11, 2010

XIX Commonwealth Games Delhi 2010

The Commonwealth Games; a 2 week international event that sees the countries of the Commonwealth competing in a range of sports and allowing Australia to dominate without the likes of America and China stealing our thunder!
I like the Olympics and the Commonwealth Games! Usually I'm not a sports enthusiast, however the Olympics and Commonwealth Games really bring out my patriotism! My favourite sports to watch are the swimming and the diving! Australia has one of the leading swimming teams internationally. We have an incredibly talented team, including the likes of legends such as Leisel Jones and up-and-coming super-stars likes Alicia Coutts. And yes, I do realise I only mentioned females there, but right now the females dominate the swimming!! Emily Seebohm, Jessicah Schipper.. there's many more but I couldn't possibly write them all out.
That's not to say that the males don't pull their weight! I mean, Geoff Huegill made the most inspiring comeback! The efforts that that man went to in order to get to where he is now.. it's unbelievable! And the male 4x100 medley relay! They smashed the competition! So, all in all, I'm so proud of the Australian swimming team :)
And now that we've entered into the second week of competition, the diving has begun! Matthew Mitcham is so adorable! But more importantly, he's very talented; an excellent diver! He's my man to watch at the moment. I mean, I can't perv on Eamon Sullivan anymore due to the swimming being over, so now it's time to move onto my next target, Matthew.. lol
In all seriousness though, I'm loving the Commonwealth Games at the moment! It's competitions like this that make me want to swim again! It makes me want to aspire to be like these people, competing for the enjoyment, the thrill, and the chance to represent their country and make them proud!
Oh, and to conclude this post on an extreme PHWOAR factor, I leave you with these two beautiful men ♥

Photobucket


Photobucket

^_^
*faints*

No comments: