Saturday, January 8, 2011

Interpol live at The Palace Theatre, Melbourne

January 7, 2011: Interpol at The Palace Theatre, Melbourne

Knowing of Interpol but having only previously heard some of their music, it's safe to say I was feeling a little bit out of my comfort zone. However, accompanying Ash to see her second favourite band was awesome. I had an amazing time! It didn't matter that I didn't know all the lyrics to the songs, it just had a really good vibe. The support act, Bridezilla, surprisingly captivated me. I think I might have to go and search out some of their music. But the main act, Interpol, were amazing. They're a really good live band! They have energy and charisma and are very appreciative of their fans; everything you want from a live performance!

The setlist for the night:

1. Success
2. Sat Hello To The Angels
3. Leif Erikson
4. Narc
5. Summer Well
6. Rest My Chemistry
7. Evil
8. Mammoth
9. The New
10. Barricade
11. Lights
12. Obstacle 1
13. Memory Serves
14. Take You On A Cruise
15. Slow Hands
Encore
16. NYC
17. PDA
18. Not Even Jail

EDIT: Photos still to come

No comments: