Monday, June 30, 2008

Work Experience.

It's been quite some time since I updated this thing. (It's actually the 22nd August, and this was written on like 20-something of June or something, but I thought it got deleted, so I couldn't be bothered re-doing it. Turns out it saved it as a draft, and all I had to do was come back to it!! WOW!!)


The first week I was at my mums work. An age care facility. And it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.
Tuesday and Wednesday I was homemaker. So I worked in the kitchen and did cleaning. It sounds lame, but it really wasn't all that bad.
Thursday and Friday I was with Lifestyle. So we go around to both the nursing home and the hostel and we try to get them active and doing stuff.
The nursing home was stupid. They just sit there and drinkk coffee and want to sleep. Same with the hostel. But one lady did come when we did craft in the hostel.
And we made cards. And she said to me 'this means so much that you're here right now. Helping me. Other people just forget about us, but you're here. So thank you.' And I was just like wow! The fact that I was there meant something! So that was cool!

Then week two I was at St. Thereses Primary School. My old primary school. And they have classes in the morning before recess. Then after recess. Then after lunch. So there's 3 sections. And each seaction I was in a different class. Little kid's are a little freaky. And so clingy. I don't think I'd work with them.

So yes, that was work experience!

No comments: