Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Get down low and go, go, go!

So um, mum just left me home alone to look after the potatos that were cooking on the stove and then after they were cooked I had to mash them. . . sounds simple enough. For me, however, that apparently wasn't simple.

I was sitting here at the computer and thought I could smell something. But, I was too busy updating the layout to my MySpace to really bother with this mystery smell. Then I smelt it again; actually it had never gone away, I guess I just finally noticed it again. I sat here wondering what on earth it could be. Then, I remembered that there are potatos on the stove.

I got up and had a look and I saw that all the water in the pot had gone. I could also see ALOT of black. I picked the pot up and put it down on the counter. And what, you may ask, did I place this pot on? A plastic bread board! lol
Straight after I thought to myself what a stupid thing to do that was, but I was already searching for another pot to put the remaining potatos in to worry about it. Once I found one, I salvage what potatos I could.

Then I picked up the pot and put it in the sink. However!, while lifting the pot I realised it had melted to the bread board. So I ripped the pot from the board and put it in the sink. I got a big serving spoon and started to scratch off what I could from the bottom of the pot. I got heaps of washing detergent and just started scrubbing like mad!

Then I realised that the house smelled like smoke. So I opened up the back doors. But it wasn't doing anything. So, seeing as how mum was due back home any minute, I got my deodorant and started spraying like crazy!

Then I went back to working on cleaning the pot! I finally got most of it off, but there was still black marks everywhere! So I decided to just leave it in the sink with detergent in it and some water and let it soak.

When mum got home I went into the garage and saw Jack putting the doors of the cupboard in our garage back onto their tracks. I asked what happened and mum said she drove into the cupboard. I say to her 'huh, made a bit of a mistake, did you?' She just looks at me weird and says I'm crazy.
When she walks into the house she looks at me and says 'Jyssica, did you forget the potatos?' I just start laughing.

She goes into the kitchen and Jack conveniently points out the bread board, and then I pretty much just start laughing all over again.
I wait for mums reaction, and to my relief, she starts laughing too.
She tastes the potatos that I tried to make do with and tells me they taste a bit burnt. But I just tell her 'it's rustic. Think back to when we went camping. It's just like camping.'

lol. So that's my little story about my eventful afternoon. Nearly burnt my house down! Go me! Let this be a lesson to everyone; do NOT leave me in charge of anything that is in anyway capable of setting fire or causing serious damage! Because more than likely I will forget about whatever it is that I'm suppose to be keeping an eye on and, as a consequence, I could be the reason for you living out on the streets with no home.

No comments: