Tuesday, June 9, 2009

You know that time of the night when you're laying in bed, waiting to drift off to sleep..? And you know how majority of the time those minutes, sometimes hours, are spent evaluating the events and conversations you had during the day..? Well that's what I did last night, and this is the slight conclusion I have come to.

Yesturday when asked if I could see how pretty the sky was, I looked out the window next to me to see a darkening, grey sky - nothing at all spectacular. However, I then remembered that in the evening it was from my backyard that you could see all the pretty colours in the sky as the sun sets.

So I decided to get up and go have a look at the sky from the back of my house. And sure enough, there it was; beautiful pink, orange and yellow breaking through the strong dark clouds. It looked amazing.

When I returned to the computer in my dungeon (it's not actually a dungeon, it was just very dark at the front of my house) I agreed about the look of the sky and told of what I just saw. I was then told, something along the lines of, it's sad how something to pretty doesn't last, how it just disappears to never be the same again.

This statement, according to the person who said it, was stupid. I, however, thought otherwise. I thought that it was quite valid and had much truth to it.

On the other hand, as I saw it, from where I was sitting, I could see nothing but darkness before me. Yet not so far away, sharing the very same sky, was such a beautiful artwork for all to see. And yes, that beauty may disappear and become one with the darkness; but from that darkness is the possibility of something so much more remarkable to appear the next day. And all it takes to witness and be apart of this beauty is something as simple as getting up and wanting more.

I initially thought that what I had said was very stupid and corny. But after thinking about it, I think it has much relevance to life in general. And, as crazy as it may sound, I think this little realisation is what has encouraged such a good mood in me today. Well, not good mood. More random than anything else! But good nevertheless.

No comments: