Friday, July 9, 2010

Day Eight - Someone You Don’t Talk To As Much As You’d Like To

Dear Someone I don't talk to as much as I'd like to,

Well, I suppose this one is to all the people who I no longer have anything to do with. This letter proceeds my last letter quite fittingly I think.
I miss the fact that we never see each other anymore. I miss being in your company. I miss hearing your stories. I miss just knowing you. All I have left are memories of another time; another world! It used to come easily, being in your company; but now it's as if we're nothing more than a couple of strangers who have never met. We used to be best friends, and now it's like we were never friends at all. I really do miss talking to you, all of you. I think about you often - about what you're doing, how your life is going, in what direction your life is heading. I suppose I probably should have made more of an effort to keep in contact from the very moment that we separated... but it was just so hard. We essentially belonged to two completely different worlds and that made it very difficult to maintain any kind of connection. Slowly we drifted apart, and for that I am sorry. I'd love to have that friendship back in my life, but the reality is that that is unlikely to happen. As we get older life moves forward, what happens in the past stays in the past, we meet new people and lose old friends, but no matter what we will always have the memories.

-Jyssica.

No comments: