Monday, July 19, 2010

Day Seventeen - The Person That Gave You Your Favourite Memory

Dear the person who gave me my favourite memory,

Again, this isn't a specific person as much as it's a specific group of people; my grade 6 primary school class! Whenever someone asks me about the most enjoyable time of my life, I always think back to grade 6. So many great memories are associated with that year! I guess there is one specific person who I was able to share it all with, and perhaps I'll direct this letter to her :)
It was 2004 and I was 11 going on 12 years old in my last year of primary school, and boy did we have fun! At the time all I wanted to do was get out of the place and be done with it, but looking back now I realise I should have enjoyed it while it lasted.. but that's not to say we didn't, because we definitely did! Even from the very first day of induction, you and I kick-started the memories! We were the only friends we had in the class.. We had other friends, but I mean from our friendship group. For induction we didn't have our regular teacher. It would have had to have been a Friday, because it was on Fridays that we had a substitute; our sports and information technology teacher. For the purposes of this letter we'll class him Mr. X (because he's gonna come up quite a bit, lol). Anyway, let's just say that Mr. X was not our favourite person in the world. We'd all been sitting on the floor and then Mr.X told the class to go and sit at our tables. However, we didn't want to do that. He kept telling us to go to the tables, but we refused to do that and instead just sat on the floor. Eventually he gave up and just continued on with the class with us still on the floor (..making faces at him and talking really loudly! lol) We decided for ourselves when we wanted to go sit in our chairs, and when we did, we picked the table that faced the wall and sat there, facing the wall. LOL. Ahh, Mr.X was such a source of amusement! Remember how every Friday, a bit of the day would be dedicated to his Spanish-ness, lol. He'd teach us about the Running of the Bulls and everything.. and we just wouldn't do the work. Oh, hahahaha.. or that day when Jackson was making those chicken noises, so Mr. X sent him into the bag room, but Jackson just got louder and louder! LOL. Oh, that was funny!! And the two groups of tables at the back of the classroom.. I think I was with Luke, Brooke and Judy.. and you were with Sean (?) Anyway, Brooke laughed like a hyena, and Judy used to always get frustrated with us!! lol. And the rubber collection we had!!! Whenever we rubbed some work out we would collect the shavings from it!! (where did that all end up, by the way? lol). And "talk talk talk talk" hahahaha! OMG, that was funny! We figured that you don't breathe when you talk, so everytime Brandon walked past we would start saying "talk talk talk talk" because we thought he smelt! LOL. haha, we were so mean to him. And that Friday we locked him in the sports shed! LOL! We had the duty of putting the blue bins away after lunch, and when we put the bins away we trapped him behind all the bins and then shut the roller door!! Then halfway through the lesson he finally returned to class once he was able to get himself out! Mr. X was like "where were you?" and he's like "I was in the shed." hahaha. OMG! What about silent reading!?!?! How it was a strict rule that we had to be quite, but we would pick a book and just read the last word of every line in the book out loud!! haha, sometimes it made sense too.. making up our own stories! haha, I remember we'd just burst into laughter all the time when we did that! And, of course, we'd get i trouble for it by Mr.X.. but then that would just make us do it more!!
Do you find it funny how everything so far has to do with us and our behaviour in Mr.X's classes.. haha, Friday's had to be the best day!
But then there's also our sports and IT classes with him! In IT he liked to use the overhead projector and his laptop, and he'd literally spend half the class giving us instructions on what to do because no one would listen to him!!! And when we finally did get to go onto the computers, he'd tell us to turn the sound down because otherwise it'd get too noisy.. so instead we turned the volume up! LOL. Or sports classes, when he'd give us instructions.. I remember the pavement on the footpath had been dug up a bit because they were looking for a drain or something.. anyway, there were little stones everywhere. And he said to us while we were on the basketball courts "please don't touch the stones".. so what do we do? .. We pick up the stones and throw them at him, LOL. hahahaha, ohhh gosh. We really were cruel! Then there was the fact that he changed the name of the game "Killer" because he thought it was too violent. So we changed it to "Socceroonie" instead. That way when he wrote it up on the board and rubbed a letter off at a time when we were naughty, it would take forever to rub off so we'd still end up playing it anyway!! But how competitive did he get when he joined in!!! Like, as the teacher you don't actually play. You join in and have fun, but you let the kids win.. but nup, not Mr.X! He got into it and wasn't happy when we said he went out! lol.
haha, are there any memories without Mr.X .. ?
lol, of course! I remember wet day programs! We'd all crowd around the radio.. listening to JoJo's 'Leave (Get Out)' or Stacie Orrico 'There's Gotta Be (More To Life)' or Usher 'Confessions' or Simple Plan!! Oh, remember our obsession with Simple Plan!?!? I'm just a kid and life is a nightmare. I'm just a kid, I know that it's not fair. ohhh, or that day we had a beatboxing competition. And Brandon got up and was full serious, and people were like "yeah.. that's okay".. but then we got up and were full spastic, and everyone voted us the winners!! LOL. Wet day programs were fun!!
Music in general that year was awesome! Simple Plan, blink182! I remember you used to get the lyrics wrong to both 'Perfect' and 'I Miss You' and I'd always correct you and you'd get annoyed! lol. That was the year when you brought me down!! lol, your punk rock influence! YOU RUINED MY LIFE! hahaha. OMG! What about Maroon 5, 'She Will Be Loved' .. ? hahaha. And she will. Be loved. And she will. Be lo-uh-uh-uh-uh-ved. Even now when I hear that song I think of you! Blink182's self-titled album also reminds me of grade 6; grade 6 swimming to be specific. I got it for my birthday that year, and I as I wasn't doing school swimming, I'd listen to it on the side of the pool, using my WALKMAN! haha. And we'd listen to it on the bus to and from swimming.
And our competitiveness with our school work!! Everytime we did some work, everyone would always think mine was better. Then one day we didn't say which piece of work belonged to who, and then when you asked people, they still thought the one that belonged to me was better! haha. OH! And Ralia!! hahahaha! How when we were doing the topic of Aboriginals we couldn't come up with names for the people in our stories, so we just took letters out of words from the wall displays! ('Ralia' came from the word 'Australia' hahah). OMFG! MY RULER! I STILL HAVE IT!!! XD Haawah Hooganahboogahnah!! LOLOLOL! And how we made holes in it and dug grooves into it so we could have pen races!! hahahaha!! Jesus Christ we had so much fun!!! And Maths Mastery. The last question was always algebra or something, and we always got like 20/20 and felt so smart!!
Man, 2004 with you was SO much fun! There are SO many more memories that I know we'll discuss once you've seen this! lol. Thank you so much for being apart of all of this! It was such an epic year and I wouldn't trade the memories for anything!!

-Jyssica.

No comments: