Thursday, July 1, 2010

Day One - Your Best Friend

Dear Best Friend,

It was a gradual development; slowly our friendship evolved over the years until we reached where we are now; sisters. When people meet me for the first time I tend to scare them off. Don't ask me why, god knows that we've tried to figure it out many times before! But for some reason people assume that I don't like them. You were no exception to this. Despite this little obstacle (one that I was unaware even existed until years later) we managed to bond through the very essence of friendship.
We were always friends, but it wasn't until a few years ago that we really became best friends. I had never had a best friend before, as sad as that may seem (I've had friends, obviously, but I never had an unbreakable connection with someone, because in my life right now, those old connection I had, did indeed break). But you; you were something different.
You have this auora around you that makes it impossible to not have a good time. You are very conscious of the world around you and of other people. You know when to have fun, yet you know when it's time to be serious. You are there for your friends no matter what; you were there for me, no matter what. At one stage I thought I was risking everything by opening up to you about something that was very personal to me, but I thought wrong. I should have known that you would be nothing but understanding and supportive.
We share so many memories together and I couldn't imagine my life now without you in it. Afterall, you've been adopted into my family.
So thankyou, for everything you have given me, and for everything that I know we will share in the future :)

-Jyssica.

No comments: