Saturday, July 10, 2010

Day Nine - Someone You Wish You Could Meet

Dear someone I wish I could meet,

Goodness, do you know how many people I could write this to?? There is a multitude of bands, actors, authors and overseas friends who I want to meet! So, I suppose I'll write this to three groups of people I want to meet the most!

blink-182; my favourite band since the impressionable age of 11. At first it was innocent enough, songs such as 'I Miss You' and 'Feeling This' (that was before I realised what 'Feeling This' was all about!).. but then came along the rest of your albums, and slowly songs such as 'Family Reunion' and 'I Wanna **** A Dog' found their way onto my radar! lol. And from then on my innocence was gone! lol. But amongst all the toilet humour, nudity and punk rock attitude were three best friends that I looked up to. Yes, a lot of your songs are immature as all hell, but you also had the ability to write such emotional songs such as 'Adam's Song' and 'Stay Together For The Kids'. My favourite song of all time, by any artist, is your song 'Not Now'. Over the years you guys have somewhat matured, but that child inside has never disappeared! You guys don't care what anybody thinks about you; you go out and have a great time and enjoy yourselves!! Given that I was only 12 going on 13 when you went on your 'indefinite hiatus', I was heartbroken because I thought that any opportunity to ever meet you or see you live was lost! But I didn't give up hope! And what do you know, 5 years later and you're back together!! My opportunity to meet you guys is still there!! (mind you, I was/am pissed that I had to go through all of highschool without ANY new material.. but suppose there's nothing I can do about that..) If I could meet you guys one day, it would be a dream come true!!

Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles (my Supernatural boys); again, to meet you guys would be a dream! Granted, my love for you probably borders on the lines of obsessive insanity, but at least you know you're loved ;) . My favourite television show is Supernatural, and to have you guys star in it is like woah!! XD Over the five seasons that SPN has aired I have seen you both develop as actors! On camera you are a joy to watch, off camera you are unbelievably funny and amazing!! The chemistry between you guys on camera as brothers transcends into your real-life realtionship with each other! You two are just like brothers! You're both so funny, and down-to-earth!! I've missed an opportunity to meet you when you were in Aus in 2009. You only went to Sydney and completely snobbed Melbourne!! But I hope you guys can come back! Meeting Misha Collins was amazing, and I kinda freaked out in his presence and totally went all fangirl.. and I have a suspicion that if I were to meet you guys there's a very high chance of me possibly passing out.. but it would all be worth it!!

And finally, Muse; Dominic, Matthew and Chris!! I can't begin to tell you how much it would mean to me if I could meet you! You have done so much for me and given me so much to live for; I could never thank you enough. Music means everything to me; music is my life. When I have nothing/no one else to turn to, music is always there. Music is timeless. Music can connect with you in ways that nothing else can. It has the ability to tell stories of love and loss; of hope and despair. Music can be the voice of millions of people; it goes beyond the words, with a simple melody being able to capture more than words themselves ever could. Muse, you succeed in producing music such as this. Your music speaks to me like nothing ever has before. Your music inspires me, it connects with me, it gives me hope. You have turned my life around in more ways than one. It is through you that I have started to understand myself on a different level. I have found within myself a confidence to be who I am and to not let people hold me back. I am able to be myself without any fear of other peoples reactions. Whether it be Dom's fashion sense, Chris's unbelievable kindness, or Matt's eccentric behaviour, all three things have made me realise that it's okay to be who I am. Muse's overall "outsider" reputation has taught me that it's okay to not always fit in; that to be on the outside makes way for endless possibilities. Matthew, your lyrics are so inspirational to me. There are those songs that you write about space and aliens and governmental repression, but then there are songs that speak to the soul; that speak to the inner lost adolescent within all of us. I won't name all my favourite songs and lyrics, because that list would go on forever, but lines such as 'best, you've got to be the best/ you've got to change the world/ and use this chance to be heard/ your time is now' (Butterflies and Hurricanes), 'wash me away/ clean your body of me/ erase all the memories/ they'll only bring us pain/ and I've seen/ all I'll ever need' (Citizen Erased), 'and tonight we can truly say/ together we're invincible' (Invincible), 'let's conspire to re-ignite all the souls that would die just to feel alive' (Starlight), 'when you've seen/ too much, too young/ soulless is everywhere' (New Born), 'I'm lost, crushed, cold and confused with no guiding light left inside' (Guiding Light), speak to me and give me a voice when I can't find the words by myself. Muse, you're an inspiration to me; you are my muse (bada bing!), and to be able to meet you would make my life!

-Jyssica.

No comments: