Thursday, July 15, 2010

Day Twelve - The Person You Miss The Most

Dear the person I miss the most,

Before I started writing this letter, I realised just how difficult this was going to be; but I'm going to get through this one because you mean so much to me.

It's been 4 months at 15 days since the last time I saw you. Even now I still find it hard to just think about you, because when I do think about you I'm always reminded of the fact that I'm never going to see you again. It isn't until I'm in the privacy of my own room that I can think things through properly, because that's when I can have my own reflective moment without anyone else to witness. I miss you so much and nothing will ever change that. You meant so much to me, and still do. A part of me worries that I never told you enough how much I loved you while I still had the chance; but I suppose you would have had to have known. My childhood was spent growing up with you and your influence. You gave me memories that I will hold dear and cherish for the rest of my life. I owe so much of who I am to you. And I just hope that you knew how much you meant to me. As I've previously stated, I'm not much of the religious type. However I know that to you religion was everything; you even told me once, while reflecting upon all that was important to you, completely acknowledging the conditon you were in, that you felt that your most important relationship was your relationship with God. Now, I mightn't believe in it, but I know you did. So I truly hope that for your sake you're right, because I couldn't hope for anything more than for you to have found peace in a better place. You were/are an inspiration to me. Despite your declining state you never gave up. Even in your final moments you refused to give in. You were such a strong individual! You lived through some of the most difficult situations but always made it through. You built a life for yourself and for your family and gave so much to everyone around you. I am so honoured and proud to be able to say that you were mine; that you are my grandfather. Never will I forget the precious times I spent with you; weekends with you and grandma, taking walks by the river, the bike rides or walks into town, driving around in the Vinnies truck, playing Mahjong with you, the little hop/skip you would do in order for us to be walking with the same foot in front of the other, working in your garage and fixing everything that you thought was broken (even if sometimes it wasn't, lol), playing in the park and collecting acorns, even simply sitting on the couch with you watching TV (I also remember the time that Titanic was on TV and I wanted to watch it and as soon as the sex scene in the car came up you were like "okay Jyssica, I think it's time for bed", lol). All of these memories, and so much more, are what I will hold onto for a lifetime. No amount of words will ever be able to express how much I love you or miss you. So I'll say one last thing; I love you, and I miss you so much, and despite the fact that you may no longer be here with us anymore, your memory will live on forever in our hearts ♥

-Love from your granddaughter, Jyssica ♥

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jyssica, you are a very lucky girl. I never got to meet any of my grandfathers. My mum's dad was killed long time before I was born. About my dad's one, Let's just say that my awesome grandmother took care by her own of her children. My mum used to told me how awesome he was, the way he treated his sons and daughters, the things that they learned from him, the hard times they went through and how he was always very optimistic about it. He was into playing guitar too! He loved music soo much. I think i got that from him :) When she tells me those things, I like to picture how our lives would be if he still were with us. It's a shame that we'll never know that.

I know that sometimes we feel like we never say enough how much love we feel for those special persons in our lives, but In my opinion, the things you do are most important that the ones you say to them. I think your grandfather left this world knowing (at least) one thing: How much you and the people around him loved him. You can be sure about that.

I totally can see why you're such a strong woman, you have some awesome examples!

And I remember you told me about that little hop he did. lol. Little details like that one remain in our memories and make us smile when we remember those special ones that aren't with us anymore.

Just one last thing: What do you think your grandfather would do when it's time for Evelyn twitpics? lol