Saturday, July 17, 2010

Day Fifteen - Someone You Judged By Their First Impression

Dear someone I judged by first impressions,

This could be relevant to so many people. In fact I'm positive that it is. I can't think of a specific example, so I suppose this is to anyone in general who I've judged based on first impressions. If you try and tell yourself that you've never judged someone in the very first moments of meeting them, then you'd be lying. You don't even have to have met the person in order to have judged them. Either way, we've all done it. It's human nature to do so.
I've judged people and thought them to be complete bitches, only to realise that they're the sweetest people ever. I've also had it the other way round too, where I've thought someone to be really nice, only to have them turn out to be the complete opposite. Regardless of which case it is, we still shouldn't judge people. Sometimes you might be correct, but 9 outta 10 times you'll be wrong.
When we judge people we limit ourselves and tend to make generalisations. We blind ourselves to the truth; of seeing someone for who they really are. As someone who is regularly misunderstood and judged on first impressions, you'd think that I wouldn't be one to judge.. so I suppose you might consider me to be a hypocrite then. I don't mean to judge people, I just can't help it. How does that old saying go?.. "you should never judge a book by it's cover".. well, it's true. Hopefully I can one day learn to live by this saying.. but for now, I'm sorry if I've judged you incorrectly and if that has in anyway affected you. I know that it's never fun to have people think you're someone other than who you are. So, if this relate to you in anyway, then I'm sorry.

-Jyssica.

No comments: